“Contents of the Dead Man’s Pocket” by Jack Finney is a great short story to teach elements of plot and types of conflict.
This resource bundle includes the following:
• How To Use This Resource – A document that suggest ways you might use these activities and assessments in your classroom
• Plot Presentation – An 8-slide presentation on plot elements, provided in both PowerPoint and PDF format (Note: While slides can be added and removed to the PowerPoint version of the presentation, the content within the slides cannot be edited).
• Conflict Writing Activity – In this activity, students will need to identify the type(s) of conflict within the story and answer a related prompt with a written response. *Answer Key Included*
• Plot Diagram Activity – In this activity, students will need to identify the plot elements within the story. *Answer Key Included*
• Reading Questions – 10 open-ended questions about the story that can be used as a homework assignment or quiz *Answer Key Included*
• Vocabulary Chart – Students will complete this chart for a list of given vocabulary words and two additional unfamiliar words within the story
• Work Statistic Warm-Up – Students will write and/or discuss the information presented in this warm-up activity.